Are you looking for the video from Sunday 5-10? Watch it here to learn the story of Esther - https://youtu.be/YdxwvjHg2hc
It is our hope to be a resource your family can use in order to help build a spiritual foundation for your children to build their life upon. Our goal is to provide tools, ideas and activities that you can use to point your children to Christ and help them develop not only biblical knowledge, but also a personal relationship with God. Below you will find different topics followed by a variety of resources and ideas. These are not written to be used as strict lesson plans that need to be completed fully or in a specific order, but should instead be viewed as starting ideas or a menu from which you can pick and choose in order to fit the needs and ability of each child. .
We will be referencing The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd-Jones for younger children for applicable stories, as well as the International Children's Bible (ICB).
MOSES & THE RED SEA
"God makes a way" pg. 92 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
MOSES, THE BURNING BUSH, THE 10 PLAGUES, & THE ESCAPE FROM EGYPT
"God to the rescue!" pg. 84 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
There are a lot of options available for these topics. If you are looking for more to do, just search pinterest. There is plenty available for each plague.
JOSEPH & HIS BROTHERS:
"The forgiving prince" pg. 76 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
ABRAHAM & ISAAC:
"The present" pg. 62 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
ABRAHAM & SARAH:
"Son of laughter" pg. 56 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
There is a lot to the story of Abram/Abraham found in Genesis 12-21. Listed below are passages that are referenced in the videos and activities.
THE TOWER OF BABEL:
"A gaint staircase to heaven" pg. 48 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
If you have more than one child at home, you can have them build a tower together using teamwork and see how tall they can make it. Then have one (or more) of them have to build while the other gives directions, but have the one giving directions have a mouth full of marshmallows.
"A new beginning" pg. 38 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
ADAM & EVE:
"The terrible lie" pg. 28 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
"The beginning: a perfect home" pg. 18 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
YouTube video 'Creation (Genesis 1-2) (4min)
For the 'Days of Creation Discovery Bags' you can use them in multiple ways: 1) Leave the bags without numbers and make the kids guess what day of creation it is for based on the contents. 2) Number the bags or tell them what day of creation it is for and then make them guess what is in the bag by only feeling with their hand(s) and not looking.
Ideas of bag contents: 1) flashlight, candle, light bulb 2) Cotton balls or something fluffy for clouds 3) Dirt, sand, leaves, plants/flowers (fake or real) 4) Sun, moon, and/or stars. Toys or cut out of paper or other material. 5) Toy birds and fish, feathers, goldfish 6) Toy people and animals, lego people 7) A small pillow, nothing, toy/small bed
Printable creation mini coloring book
Creation Day 1 - Light
Creation Day 2 - Atmosphere:
Creation Day 3 - Land & Plants
Creation Day 4 - Sun, Moon, & Stars
Creation Day 5 - Sea Animals & Flying Creatures
JONAH AND THE WHALE/BIG FISH:
Many of the discussion questions are for older kids who read the full ICB version, but some can be altered or left out for younger kids.Online Quiz
Daniel & The Lions' Den:
"Daniel and the scary sleepover" pg. 152 in the Jesus Storybook Bible
Daniel & The Lions' Den Veggie Tales video (14 min) Where's God When I'm Scared: Daniel & the Lions' Den Veggie Tales video (27 min)
"So don’t worry, because I am with you. Don’t be afraid, because I am your God. I will make you strong and will help you.”
“When I am afraid, I will trust you. I praise God for his word. I trust God. So I am not afraid.”
• What kind of a man was Daniel?
• What did Daniel know about God?
• Why were the princes jealous of Daniel?
• What is jealousy?
• What was in the law the King signed?
• What did the princes catch Daniel doing?
• Why didn’t Daniel observe the King’s law, knowing he’d be thrown into the den with lions?
• Why didn’t Daniel try to hide the fact that he was praying?
• Do you think the king wanted Daniel to die? Why or why not?
• Who shut the lions’ mouths?
• Do you think Daniel was scared? What can we do when we’re scared?
• Do your friends ever try to talk you out of being obedient to God or to your parents?
• How often do you pray each day?
• Why is praying important?
EASTER: The Last Supper
"The Servant King" pg 286 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
EASTER: Garden of Gethsemane / Jesus Arrested
“A dark night in the garden” pg 294 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
YouTube video - Top 5 List: The Garden of Gethsemane | Jesus and the Journey to the Cross #2 (3 min)
True / False
EASTER: The Crucifixion
"The sun stops shining" pg. 302 in The Jesus Storybook Bible
EASTER: The Resurrection
"God's wonderful surprise" pg. 310 The Jesus Storybook Bible
For the cross painting, use a crayon to draw the crosses and then use watercolors to paint over the top. The watercolors will not stick to anywhere there is crayon
**Note: In verse 9 the ICB uses the word "praise" in place of "Hosanna". The word Hosanna is used on many of the crafts and activities to follow, so you may want to include it when you are reading/teaching.
*NOTE - The round parade craft says to use a split pin. We did not have any split pins, but used a pipe cleaner and it worked without any issues.Palm Sunday Coloring Page
Bible Story Review Questions
1. Where was Jesus going? A: Jesus was going to Jerusalem.
2. How did Jesus go into Jerusalem? A: He rode a donkey.
3. How did the people treat Jesus? A: They treated Him like their King. They praised Him by laying down their coats, waving palm branches.
4. What did the people shout to Jesus? A: “Hosanna” and “Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!” and “Blessed is the King of Israel.”
5. Why did the people praise Jesus? A: The people praised Him because of all the things He had done and because they saw Him as the King.
6. Who can we praise? A: We can praise Jesus our King.